Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New members - welcome

Welcome to new members, Girish Patel and Giulio Valdonio.

Girish has recently acquired Bo.208C G-BOKW...

'I am new to Bolkow aircraft and have recently purchased a Bolkow Junior 208C G-BOKW. I would like to make contact with other Bolkow owners for mutual benefit and support (perhaps through "the Squadron"?). I am also interested in keeping in touch with our European friends if possible. If you have a list of names and contact details that you can divulge I shall be very grateful. Any friendly Engineers are always particularly good to know. My aircraft is on an LAA Permit but I understand that under "the Old Orphan aircraft" exemption this is now an EASA permit.'


(photo copyright of Stuart Reid)

Giulio is a new member from Italy and says this about his aeroplane...

'I have owned for 44 years the only Bolkow 207 in Italy and only now I find that there is a Bolkow club.Let me introduce my self: I am an aircraft engineer, and have bought my 207 (c.n. 243, formerly D-EJBO, now I-ARAM) in 1974. It was white and purple, but when I had to overhaul it I decided to paint it in Afrika Korps colours copying the famous Bf 108 KG+FM. I enclose a photo of the plane as it is now, still active.'



No comments: